Cold air therapy i.e. cryotherapy
Cold therapy or cryotherapy means treatment done using a CRYO5 cold air therapy device. The cryotherapy device sucks in room air and cools it to a therapeutic temperature, down to -30 C. Treatment only takes 2-10 minutes, making cryotherapy a fast and effective treatment method. When it is done appropriately, there is no danger of frostbite.
Cold air therapy helps when decreasing medication and has proven to be good for treating several illnesses:
- treating sprains directly through the bandage
- decreasing pain and swelling after cast removal
- after joint, e.g. knee, surgery. Using cold decreases the risk of inflammation and pain, making it possible to do physiotherapy earlier. Thus reduces muscle atrophy.
- external joint injuries (tendonitis, bursitis, tenosynovitis)
- shoulder algoneurodystrophy; improves the absorption of oedema and capsula shrinkage
- spine pain; torticollis, lumbago
- treating trigger points
- neurology; decreasing spasticity
Do you have questions on cold therapy? Do not hesitate to contact us - Olarin Fysikaalinen Hoitolaitos at your service!